Unknown server tag 'AdminControls:MigrationToolPromotionTip'. in Central Admin after installing SharePoint 2013 security update KB4482464

I installed KB4482464 on my sandbox server without issue so I moved to my development farm. Following the patch, Central Admin (CA) had an error:

Unknown server tag 'AdminControls:MigrationToolPromotionTip'.

I noticed that the sandbox environment CA had this banner:


You can now use the SharePoint Migration Tool to migrate to OneDrive and SharePoint Online.



It looks like that failed in the Dev farm.

The Configuration Wizard GUI failed to successfully run.

Solution:

I ran PSCONFIG with these options on my primary APP server:



psconfig.exe -cmd helpcollections -installall -cmd secureresources -cmd services -install -cmd installfeatures -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -wait



I ran PSCONFIG with these options on my remaining app, search and WFE servers:


psconfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force


I will exclude this update from my deployment on SCCM and run it manually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robocopy Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning

"The following factors also affect the level of access for" user with excess permissions