"The following factors also affect the level of access for" user with excess permissions

I have a user that had access to site settings, all content, etc.


I double checked her access and it was read only but the permissions check tool showed a panel beneath the site permissions that showed Allow for many categories. She had full control.





"The following factors also affect the level of access for"

She was added as a Site Collection Administrator. I don't know who would have added her there, but someone had.


If you find this type of issue, that should be the first thing you check. You can also check the Web Application User Policy in Central Admin. That's the other area I find people or groups with elevated permissions.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Schweet! Thanks.
Azra said…
Thanks, you saved my day.
Azra said…
Thanks for saving me a day.
Anonymous said…
Mystery solved, thank you so much!
Anonymous said…
what is the solution...?
Greg Zook said…
Hi Anonymous,
I found the user in Site Collection Administrators. I removed her and it solved the problem.
Unknown said…
Excellent, thank you! Indeed, is what I was looking for!
ottobrerosso said…
Thank YOU very much.
Anonymous said…
Thank you very much.
I found "Everyone" in "Specify web application user policy"
then I removed it an resolve the problem.

Popular posts from this blog

Robocopy Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning

Unknown server tag 'AdminControls:MigrationToolPromotionTip'. in Central Admin after installing SharePoint 2013 security update KB4482464