Unknown server tag 'AdminControls:CreateSiteTooltipBar'. when creating site after May 2017 Cumulative Update SharePoint 2013

After updating to the May 2017 CU for SharePoint 2013, I could no longer create site collections from Central Admin.


I received this error:
Unknown server tag 'AdminControls:CreateSiteTooltipBar'.


I made a backup copy of the createsite.aspx file location here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\ADMIN


then I edited the file in place and removed the section from the bottom of the page:


  
   
  



This was in all my SharePoint farms but didn't cause an issue in all of them.


I reported the issue to Microsoft. I will post a permanent fix if one becomes available.


You may also use PowerShell New-SPsite to create sites as a work-around.


Update: 6/14/2018 A number of you have reached out to me. Apparently this error can occur with newer CUs s well. The same fix seems to work.

Comments

spears.rd@gmail.com said…
Hi, we are seeing this in our 2016 environment. Did you ever hear of anything from MS?
Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Robocopy Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning

"The following factors also affect the level of access for" user with excess permissions

Unknown server tag 'AdminControls:MigrationToolPromotionTip'. in Central Admin after installing SharePoint 2013 security update KB4482464