Event ID 6801 during User Profile Sync SharePoint 2013 on-premise

I noticed a number of event IDs occurring hourly in the application event log on one of my App servers:
FIMSynchronizationService 6801


The user does not exist or is not unique


This occurred with about 30 user profiles out of 3200. I checked the user profiles with a people search. The profiles appeared "blank." They only had the name and login for the users--not the Office, Manager, and other fields everyone else has on their AD accounts.


I looked online for a solution but they were all destructively re-provisioning the UPS. I came up with my own solution. I had to resort to the old stsadm because I don't know the PowerShell equivalent.


Here's how I resolved the issue:
stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases 0


Get-SPSite -limit all | % {[Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.WSSProfileSynch]::ScheduleSiteForFullSynchronization($_); $_.Close()}


Then I kicked off a Full Profile sync by opening Central Admin, go to Monitoring then Review job Definitions. Find the
User Profile Service Application - User Profile to SharePoint Full Synchronization
 Click on it then select Run Now.


Try this before de-provisioning / re-provisioning.


I was able to do this during business hours without impact.


The user profiles that were getting the error had additional properties in them like all the others.


I believe the root cause of the error was moving site collections between content databases.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robocopy Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning

"The following factors also affect the level of access for" user with excess permissions

Unknown server tag 'AdminControls:MigrationToolPromotionTip'. in Central Admin after installing SharePoint 2013 security update KB4482464