Event ID 6801 during User Profile Sync SharePoint 2013 on-premise

I noticed a number of event IDs occurring hourly in the application event log on one of my App servers:
FIMSynchronizationService 6801


The user does not exist or is not unique


This occurred with about 30 user profiles out of 3200. I checked the user profiles with a people search. The profiles appeared "blank." They only had the name and login for the users--not the Office, Manager, and other fields everyone else has on their AD accounts.


I looked online for a solution but they were all destructively re-provisioning the UPS. I came up with my own solution. I had to resort to the old stsadm because I don't know the PowerShell equivalent.


Here's how I resolved the issue:
stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases 0


Get-SPSite -limit all | % {[Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.WSSProfileSynch]::ScheduleSiteForFullSynchronization($_); $_.Close()}


Then I kicked off a Full Profile sync by opening Central Admin, go to Monitoring then Review job Definitions. Find the
User Profile Service Application - User Profile to SharePoint Full Synchronization
 Click on it then select Run Now.


Try this before de-provisioning / re-provisioning.


I was able to do this during business hours without impact.


The user profiles that were getting the error had additional properties in them like all the others.


I believe the root cause of the error was moving site collections between content databases.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADMT fails to migrate SID History

Exchange 2010 event errors 2601, 2604, 2501

Robocopy Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning