Multiple results in People Search in SharePoint 2010

I had an issue in my lab server with User Profiles in SharePoint 2010 (big surprise!).  In my troubleshooting, I had added multiple sps3://servername start address entries in my Content Source.  I was troubleshooting and added the extra entries with the port and alternate access mappings variations.  I solved my other issues with the User Profile service application and with search.  I forgot to remove those extra entries.  I removed the extra two entries and kept just the sps3://servername.  It doesn't need the My Site host port or anything.

Here's how to get there:
Central Admin>>>Application Management>>>Manage Service Applications>>>highlight the search service application and click Manage.>>>Content Sources>>>remove the superfluous entires in the Type start addresses below section>>>  click ok

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADMT fails to migrate SID History

Exchange 2010 event errors 2601, 2604, 2501

Robocopy Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning