Multiple results in People Search in SharePoint 2010

I had an issue in my lab server with User Profiles in SharePoint 2010 (big surprise!).  In my troubleshooting, I had added multiple sps3://servername start address entries in my Content Source.  I was troubleshooting and added the extra entries with the port and alternate access mappings variations.  I solved my other issues with the User Profile service application and with search.  I forgot to remove those extra entries.  I removed the extra two entries and kept just the sps3://servername.  It doesn't need the My Site host port or anything.

Here's how to get there:
Central Admin>>>Application Management>>>Manage Service Applications>>>highlight the search service application and click Manage.>>>Content Sources>>>remove the superfluous entires in the Type start addresses below section>>>  click ok

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robocopy Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning

"The following factors also affect the level of access for" user with excess permissions

Unknown server tag 'AdminControls:MigrationToolPromotionTip'. in Central Admin after installing SharePoint 2013 security update KB4482464