MOSS logs empty?

I have run across an issue where my clients have had some trouble with SharePoint so I direct them to the logs. A couple times I have found these logs to be empty 0k logfiles being written as they should, but the log contains nothing. The other servers in the farm have not been affected. Here's what I found out: One case was in a development farm that was in Virtual Machines (VMWare). The space dedicated to these servers was only 10GB so they ran out of space on the C drive:

The other incident was that someone stopped the Timer service on a couple of the servers in the farm. I started the Timer service and the logs started populating immediately.

Don't let developers start and stop services!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robocopy Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning

"The following factors also affect the level of access for" user with excess permissions

Unknown server tag 'AdminControls:MigrationToolPromotionTip'. in Central Admin after installing SharePoint 2013 security update KB4482464