I have performed a ga-zillion Novell to Microsoft migrations. Here are some tips to use from my experience: When to use a third-party migration tool: To boil down if you need to purchase a migration tool, such as Quest Software's NDS Migrator, answer these questions: Is your eDirectory tree in good shape? Do you wish to maintain all those user accounts? Are the groups relatively well-maintained? Will you need to build an Active Directory forest? Do you have several hundred or thousands of user objects? Do you have dozens or more NetWare volumes? Is maintaining file ownership important? Will your client PCs need to join an Active Directory domain? Is it important that the Novell Client be removed from the PCs? Do you need to transfer Macintosh files? If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, do yourself a favor and purchase a migration tool. DISCLAIMER: I have experience with Quest's NDS Migrator. I will make reference to it in this post, but I don...
Comments